Refresher Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
The Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities course forms part of the mandatory basic safety training for all seafarers. The theory based PSSR course provides basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention, familiarising seafarers with employment and working conditions aboard.
The knowledge of and compliance with safe working practices at a basic level.
- Human relationships on-board ship.
- Understanding orders and to be understood in relation to shipboard duties.
- Compliance with emergency procedures.
- Precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment.
The course is classroom based and covers these main areas:
- Comply with emergency procedures
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Observe safe working practices
- Contribute to effective communications on board ship
- Contribute to effective human relationships on board ship
- Understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue.
Duration 3 days
Training towards Refresher Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities Certification
Teaching methods Blended learning
Course Commencement Every Month
- Applicant must have completed Refresher course from STCW 95 to STCW 2010 for in accordance with the requirements of STCW convention as amended in STCW 2010
- Individuals holding STCW 95 could update their certificates to STCW 2010
- Passport or CDC
- INDOS number
- STCW 95 Certificates