Personal Survival Techniques
Seafarers who hold an existing personal survival techniques (PST) certificate are required to complete this updating training course to maintain expertise under the STCW 2010 Manila Amendments (STCW Section A-VI/1 & table A-VI/1-1).
The course is an organized combination of theory and practical application.
This course forms part of the compulsory basic safety training for staff. It deals with the activities to be taken by individuals to shield themselves in emergency situations and includes hands-on training in the use of life jackets and inflatable life rafts
The course is classroom based and covers these main areas:
- Safety and Survival.
- Emergency Situations
- Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats
- Personal Life Saving Appliances
- Survival at Sea
- Emergency Radio Equipment
- Helicopter Operations
- Apply first aid to survivors
Duration 0.5 days
Reference STCW 2010 Training Circular No.6 of 2011 dated on 27.12.2011
Training towards Refresher Personal Survival Techniques Certification
Teaching methods Blended learning
Course Commencement Every Month
- PERSONS WHO ARE HAVING STCW 95 CAN UPDATE THEIR CERTIFICATES TO STCW 2010
- REFRESHER COURSE FROM STCW 95 TO STCW 2010 FOR MASTERS AND DECK OFFICERS INACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF STCW CONVENTION AS AMENDED IN STCW 2010
- Passport or CDC
- INDOS number
- STCW 95 Certificates